Juicing for health is becoming more main stream and has become a daily routine for progressive natural health solutions. Due to the toxins our bodies come in contact with on a daily basis, there is a need to detox the body. Juicing is a good option to help cleanse the body and because juice is full of nutrients, it is an excellent supplement to any diet. This is a great way to add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Juicing is fun, healthful and the juice is delicious.
Juicing for health has many health related benefits
Juicing for health has many health related benefits and will help maintain a healthy body. Some of the benefits of juicing include natural weight loss, helps boost the immune system, reduced risk of disease, detoxes the body, increased energy and juicing hydrates the body. Juicing also provides essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates and enzymes. These nutrients are quickly absorbed by the body.
You may be asking, why not buy bottled juice? Bottled juice is pasteurized. The pasteurization process destroys the essential nutrients in the juice. Bottled juice contains additives and you have no control over the quality of fruits and vegetables from which the juice is derived. I recommend shopping at your local farmers market and buying organic fruits and vegetables.
Now that you know that juicing has many health benefits, here are some juicing tips to get you started juicing for health.
- Serve juices immediately
- Drink Slowly
- Do not drink with food
- Wait about a hour after juice to eat
- You can filter juice for a clearer juice
- Thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits before juicing
- Freeze vegetable pulp for use in soups
- Use potato juice as a thickening agent in substitution for flour
- Leafy vegetables juice better when formed into a ball
- Do not juice apple seeds as they contain cyanide
- Do not juice carrot greens or rhubarb greens because of their toxicity
- Do not juice fruit peels
- Lemon and limes are ok to juice with skin on
- Always removes pits, such as in peaches
- On average, one pound of produce yields about 8 ounces juice
- Lemon, lime and grape seeds are ok to juice
As the popularity of juicing grows, many people are juicing as a daily part of their diet. The long-term benefits of “juicing for health” are beyond dispute. I recommend juicing for radiant health on a daily basis. Juicing has many health benefits, so sit back and enjoy a glass of fresh juice and know that you are being rewarded with many health benefits.